Bye 2019, Hello 2020
I am always doing too many things. Being a big fan of Scott Adams and his book “How to fail at almost everything and still win big”, I took his advice to heart that do many things, that’s how you will find the one thing that you are really good at and your passion for it will grow as it brings you more success.
In 2019, I started trading stocks, then got into options trading, got my real estate license, and the started Forex & stocks automated trading. Looking back, I don’t think I gave enough time to each project.
In 2020, I want to focus on one thing and one thing only. Need to give it 100% before trying something new. Maybe I should re-read “How to fail at almost everything and still win big.” Of course, I am doing pretty good at the day job as software engineer and I can just stay focused on developing my skills as a developer. I enjoy programming and playing with new technologies. But only thing is that I get bored. And I want to be my own boss.
Here are a few of things I am considering for the next year:
- Real Estate/Realtor - I have already spent so much time and money on it, might as well go all in.
- Focus on Real Estate Lead generation and then refer those lead to another agent.
- Tutoring - It can transition into full-time trainer career. Seems easy enough to get started.
- Writing fiction - Once retired, I will probably write fiction. Maybe do it now.
- Trading bots - It is interesting and challenging. Related to my day job but different enough to be interesting after work.
Also I will blog/journal here more often. Just writing these thoughts here made me realize that maybe my best bet is to focus on becoming better developer and then transitioning into consulting role where I will have more control over my time.