I am a minimalist at heart. I like empty and vast spaces. I hate stuff. It would be so awesome, if we can get by without owning so many things. But I compromise and used to own a few things. Then I got married and end up owning a lot more things.
And now, with a baby it is almost impossible to not have tons of stuff. There are bottles, bottle warmer, bibs, play mats, pack n Play, swings, toys, toys, toys, more toys. And it is not just baby stuff, we have more appliances in kitchen just so that we can cook easier. It will only get worse.
I don’t know if it is possible to have clean empty space when you have a baby.
However, I can be minimalist on my own. I have gotten used to have so many extra things that it is a bit scary to get rid of them. When I am about to get rid of something, I start to think what if I need it in future and decide to keep it a little longer.
I am starting to clean my closet and categorized clothes in 5 categories:
- Everyday - this includes work clothes too. My goal is to keep 10 tops (shirts, t-shirts) and 10 bottoms (jeans, pants, shorts).
- Classy - Suits and traditional Pakistani clothes. Too many right now, but I want keep just 1 suit and 1 traditional Pakistani dress.
- Workout - includes clothes for hiking and other outdoors activities. 5 tops and 5 bottoms.
- Indoors - pjs and old t-shirts. 5 tops and 5 bottoms.
- Winter - Sweaters and jackets. 2 Sweaters and 2 jackets.